2009 (3 months)
Context: All the servers and data needed to be transferred to the new building.
At the same time, a new folder structure with the required security had to be created because Gralex had been split into two entities: Sagrex and Holcim.
The backlog on this ongoing project had to be dealt with in a timely fashion. 3 months to fulfil the task.
Outcome: The advanced scripting of the processes resulted in a shorter timeframe needed to complete the migration.
- Analysis of the processes
- Meetings with the different departments of Gralex to discuss the approach and plan the server and data migration
- Data Storage migration
- Active Directory migration
- Exchange server migration
- Automating the processes via scripting
Environments: Windows Server 2000 & 2003
Tools: Hyena, Active Directory, Exchange
Technologies: VBScript, VBA, batch files, PowerShell